Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not Your Grandma's Internet

Technology and electronics have become far too diverse for one person to participate actively in every area. I feel like the old fart of the computing world because I don't care about social networking and can't play games on my phone.  Sure, I built my wicked fast desktop, and I've got more monitors than you can shake a stick at, but no gadgets. I was pretty slick learning to type in 8th grade, but my little brothers have been pwning me in video games since they were 6. It's kind of like high school where there are 30 clubs and you can realistically only join 2 or 3. As more people join the tech community even more niches will develop and hardware and software will be developed to support them. Our little world will continue shrinking and diversifying, and there isn't anything you can do about it. People stick to their own interests and groups in real life and they will increasingly do the same thing online. The only thing you can do is find your group and learn to enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. There is definitely more out there than we can ever use. I never had a Facebook profile until after my family made me one without my knowledge. I still don't even use it all that much.

    ReplyDelete